A Hospice Renfrew core value is our commitment to personal and professional growth; our dedication to assisting the learning and understanding of our community. For patients, families, volunteers and professional and community partners we present here information on a wide range of training and learning topics.
Just click on any topic in this list to find more details.
- Hospice Renfrew has a team of experts who offer training and education on palliative care and on grief and bereavement. To learn more please contact our Manager of Resident Care at 613-433-3993 ext. 2235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is your community group interested in learning more about palliative care or Hospice programs and services? We are pleased to offer education and support through Community Education and Speaking Engagements. Please contact our Manager of Volunteer and Community Development at 613-433-3993 ext. 2231 or via email: email@example.com
- Student Placement Opportunities: Hospice Renfrew provides clinical placements for students in Nursing, Personal Support Work and Health Care Administration. High School Cooperative Education opportunities may also be available. To learn more please contact our Manager of Resident Care at 613-433-3993 ext. 2235 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help raise awareness about Hospice Palliative Care and Hospice Renfrew by requesting a speaker for your community group, class, church, service club, or business.
We have Hospice staff and volunteers
For more information about this service or to book your speaker, please email email@example.com
Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative and End-of-Life Care (LEAP) Hospice Renfrew has onsite LEAP certified education specialists who deliver LEAP training. Designed primarily for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, paramedics and social workers LEAP provides a standardized, competency-based approach to enhancing palliative care across Canada.
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario HPCO provides info on many topics: palliative innovation, health and safety, accreditation, publications, etc.
Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association The CHPCA publishes resource materials for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, social workers, personal support workers, spiritual advisors. As well there is info on Standards and Norms of Practice, a Pediatric Resource Commons, and Continuing Education and Certificate Programs.
Caregiving for People at the End of Life This website provides access to research, tools, educational materials and networking opportunities for researchers, policy makers, decision makers, health care professionals, community organizations, and individuals and families coping with caregiving issues.
Champlain Hospice Palliative Care Program CHPCP integrates and coordinates the delivery of end-of-life care services and is funded by the Champlain Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN)
Champlain Regional Palliative Care Consult Team: detailed info on the interprofessional team of palliative physician and nurse specialists in the Champlain region.
Palliative Care Services in Renfrew Area info on what hospice palliative care services are available and where.
Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association:
- Family caregivers provides materials and resources for family members, loved ones, friends or neighbours who provide support or care for a dying family member, loved one, or friend.
- Compassionate Care Benefit provides info on Employment Insurance benefits payable to people who have to be away from work temporarily to provide care or support to a family member who is gravely ill.
Hospice Palliative Care Ontario: Advanced Care Planning and Consent discusses Advance Care Planning, and talks about what Health Care Consent means and how to make your wishes have legal force in Ontario.
Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE): Powers of Attorney gives info on Ontario’s Substitute Decisions Act that sets out the two types of power of attorney that can be used: a power of attorney for personal care and a continuing power of attorney for property.
Hospice Renfrew’s Resource Library — We have a wide variety of materials available for loan to the public. There is no fee to sign out materials. All resources are available on one month loans. This service is available to the community, residents and families, caregivers and students as well as our staff.
We have taken care to choose quality materials that reflect a variety of perspectives on living with, or caring for, a person with a life-altering or chronic diagnosis. The materials present many points of view and address the interests and needs of people of all ages.
We lend books, DVDs and CDs covering the following subjects:
- Grief and Bereavement (for men, women, children, teens and parents)
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Pain Management
- Living with cancer
- Cancer survivorship
- End of life planning
- Children's books on illness
- Hospice palliative care
Creating a Compassionate Community information and examples on successful Compassionate Communities projects and initiatives — for citizens, care-providers, schools, businesses, educators and organizations wishing to learn about and engage in this transformative process.
Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association: popular resources and web pages for volunteers
Canadian Virtual Hospice: Info and support on palliative and end-of-life care, loss and grief with Q&As, Discussion Forums, Ask a Professional etc.
Bereaved Families of Ontario - Ottawa Region website that helps bring hope and transformation to people who are grieving the death of a loved one.
Mental Health Crisis Line: 24/7 contact info if you are concerned about a family member, friend, colleague, caregiver or yourself. Q&As, links and more resources for crisis situations.