Hospice Renfrew staff and volunteers understand that grieving often begins with the first news of a life-threatening diagnosis and continues throughout the journey that follows. You may have to deal with an entire range of emotions and physical reactions that create pain, fear, loss, fatigue or loneliness.
It is important for you to be able to talk openly about these experiences, reactions and feelings. Hospice Renfrew offers family and friends the support they may need as they take their first steps in the grieving journey. Our specially trained volunteers are available to work with you either by phone or in person. We can help you through your experience by assisting you to deal with the more immediate tasks of living while grieving.
Our support programs include:
- “NEW” Starting April, 2017 – Closed Group Support Session For People Who Have Experienced the Loss of a Loved One. View poster
- One-on-one telephone or in person support all through the year following your loss
- Monthly Grief Support Drop in Group – 3rd Thursday of every month – See poster
- Bereavement workshops
- Celebration of Life memorials
- Resources and information
After the first year of grieving our volunteers can assist you further by providing information and referrals to community bereavement groups.
To discuss how our hospice programs or residential care can help you please contact our Manager of Volunteer and Community Development at 613-433-3993 ext. 2231 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org