When facing a life threatening illness, it is helpful for you and your loved ones to plan ahead in order to make informed choices about your preferences for end-of-life care and to discuss this with your family, friends and health care providers.
Things to Consider
- Make your choices known. Consider making an advanced care plan. Watch this video.
- Who would speak for you if you couldn’t speak for yourself?
- Ask questions. Talk to your health care provider(s) about your options for care.
- Palliative care in your community — where would you prefer to receive your care?
- Most Canadians nearing end of life are not able to make decisions for their own self. Read this National Newswatch story.
- Visit our Education Centre for more information and resources or contact us by phone at 613-433-3993 ext 2235 or by email at email@example.com
See more at Advance Care Planning Canada: