June 18, 2021
To all Hospice Renfrew family members, clients, residents and to our community:
Hospice Renfrew has been closely following the situation regarding COVID-19 in Renfrew County. We have been taking precautions, such as enhanced cleaning and encouraging strong hygiene practices. We have implemented strict controls at Hospice Renfrew to protect our staff, volunteers, residents and families.
- Hospice Renfrew remains open currently.
- Everyone entering the hospice is being carefully screened for typical and atypical COVID-19 symptoms and new or worsening respiratory symptoms (see below for list). They will also be asked if they have had close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case OR a person with acute respiratory illness. If anyone answers yes to any of the questions, they will not be able to enter the hospice building. They will be asked to contact Renfrew County District Health Unit. We do not want to risk infecting any of our residents, families, staff or volunteers.
- List of Possible Symptoms (as of June 9, 2020)
- Cough, OR
- Difficulty breathing
NEW OR WORSENING RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS:
- Sore throat,
- Runny nose,
- Nasal congestion,
- Hoarse voice, OR
- Difficulty swallowing
ATYPICAL SYMPTOMS – any of the following unexplained symptoms:
- Delirium (new onset confusion or disorientation),
- Acute functional decline,
- Worsening of chronic conditions,
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain,
- Loss of taste/smell, OR
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- We can accept deliveries of flowers or plants for residents at this time.
- We currently cannot receive any food items at this time.
Should you require more information on the guidelines from Renfrew County District Health Unit, please visit their website for any additional information that you may require. https://www.rcdhu.com/